What's Open, Closed on July 4th
What's shuttered in and around Montclair for the Independence Day holiday.
• Wednesday is Independence Day. It is a federal and state holiday.
• State and local government offices will be closed. Montclair Township offices will be closed and recycling/bulky waste collection will be suspended. The YMCA in Montclair is closed.
• Federal, state and local courts will be closed.
• Banks have the option to close.
• Financial and stock markets will be closed.
• Post offices will be closed; there will be no regular mail delivery.
• NJ Transit trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines.
• Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• For people traveling to the New Jersey waterfront to view the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks, NJ Transit will add extra trains on the Morris & Essex Lines with additional trains to and from Hoboken Terminal. The Family Super Saver Fare will be in effect until 6 a.m. Monday on all trains (except for travel to/from Metro North stations), buses and light rail lines. For additional information click here or call (973) 275-5555.
• PATH trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Bus schedules vary by route, and some may be affected.
In Montclair, some restaurants are open on July 4th including Albert's at 32 Church Street, Just Jake's at 30 Park Street, Brick Lane Curry House at 540 Valley Road, and the Montclair Char-Broil Diner at 613 Valley Road (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
What else is open on July 4th? Tell us in the comments section below.