The arts continue to thrive in Montclair.
Montclair carried four out of the 14 categories in the fifth annual JerseyArts.com People's Choice Awards where nearly 7,000 total ballots were cast.
The Montclair organizations won the following:
- Favorite Downtown Arts District: Montclair
- Best Film Festival: Montclair Film Festival
- Favorite Place to Take an Adult Arts Class: Montclair Art Museum's Yard School of Art
- Favorite Place to Take a Kid's Art Class: Montclair Art Museum's Yard School of Art
The township's vibrant arts community garnered 1,078 votes out of nearly 5,000, and barely beat out Red Bank for first place.
Montclair based organizations were also nominated in three other categories.
The winners were announced last week. The awards will be formally bestowed to the winning organizations during a ceremony at The Governor's Conference on Tourism held on March 20 through 22 in Atlantic City.
The other winners in the People's Choice Awards were:
- Favorite Performing Arts District: New Jersey Performing Arts Center, in Newark
- Favorite Theater to See a Musical: Paper Mill Playhouse, in Millburn
- Favorite Theater to See a Play: Shakespeare Theater of New Jersey, in Madison
- Favorite Art Gallery: Arts Council of Princeton, in Princeton
- Favorite Symphony/Orchestra: New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, in Newark
- Favorite Choral Group: Newark Boys Chorus, in Newark
- Favorite Opera Company: Opera New Jersey, in Princeton
- Favorite Dance Company: American Repertory Ballet, in New Brunswick
- Favorite Musical Festival: Cape May Music Festival, in Cape May