Sunday is New Year’s Day. The federal and state holiday will be observed Monday.
• State and local government offices will be closed on Monday.
• Post offices will be closed Monday with no regular mail delivery.
• Financial and stock markets will be closed on Monday.
• Courts will be closed on Monday.
• Banks have the option to close.
• Public schools have the option to close.
• NJ Transit is offering the Family Super Saver Fare through 6 a.m. Tuesday on all trains, light rail lines and buses.
• Buses will operate on a regular Saturday schedule on all lines, with additional service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal offered into the evening on select lines.
• Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday schedule Saturday.
• Trains will operate Saturday on a weekend schedule, with additional New York-bound trips in the evening on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast and Morris & Essex lines.
• Special late-night trains will operate on most rail lines after midnight along with expanded bus service provided from the Port Authority Bus Terminal between midnight and 5:30 a.m. on selected routes.
• Trains will operate on a weekend schedule.
• Newark Light Rail will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Buses will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
• Trains will operate on an enhanced weekend schedule, with additional trains to and from New York/Hoboken during peak periods on the Morris & Essex, as well as the Montclair-Boonton lines.
• PATH trains will operate on a holiday/Saturday schedule on New Year’s Day, and extra service will be provided Saturday for New Year’s Eve.
• Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
• Bus schedules will vary by route. For more details, check timetables, call (973) 275-5555 or click here.