The Fall 2012 bagged leaf collection program will run from approximately October 15 to December 14 unless extended at the discretion of the Director of Community Services. As with previous year’s programs, highlights of the bagged leaf collection program include the following:
• All leaves must be placed at the curb in biodegradable paper bags.
• Leaves placed in plastic bags of any type will not be collected.
• Leaves must be free of miscellaneous debris, e.g., branches, dirt, rocks, stones, etc. Leaf bags containing these items will not be collected.
• Leaf bags shall be limited to a weight of fifty (50) pounds or less. Leaf bags weighing more than fifty pounds will not be collected.
• Raking, sweeping, or otherwise depositing loose leaves or any other debris into the street is prohibited by Township Ordinance (292-2 & 292-26). Violations will result in the issuance of summonses.
• Leaf bags will be picked up once per week throughout the duration of the leaf collection program.
• The Fall 2012 bagged leaf collection program will run from approximately October 15th to December 14th unless extended at the discretion of the Director of Community Services.
• The Township will provide 10 bags free of charge to each property owner during the fall leaf collection season only. Leaf bags can be picked up at the DCS yard at 219 North Fullerton Avenue Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and starting on October 20 through November 17, Saturdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
• Additional biodegradable paper leaf bags may be purchased at the DCS office Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and on the Saturdays listed above between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The bags are packaged in bundles of 5 and cost $1.75 per bundle.
• Residents are not required to utilize paper bags purchased from the Township, however, bags utilized must be biodegradable paper. Plastic bags will not be collected. Biodegradable paper bags are available from most hardware and home improvement stores.
• Landscapers will not be allowed to deposit leaves in bulk at the DCS yard.
• In addition to the curbside pickup of leaf bags, residents will be allowed to bring their leaves to the DCS yard in the following manner:
- • Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- • Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- • Residents will be directed by yard personnel where to deposit their leaves.
- • Leaves can be brought in loose or bagged however leaves cannot be left in plastic bags. All plastic bags must be emptied by the residents.
- • Miscellaneous yard debris will not be allowed.
- • Landscapers will not be allowed in the yard.
- • Residents must show proof of residency.
- • This leaf drop-off is intended to allow residents to bring in their own leaves if they prefer rather than bag their leaves. Accordingly vehicles will be limited to passenger vehicles and light duty pickup trucks only. Dump trucks and vehicles larger than full size pickup trucks will not be allowed.
- • This program may be suspended at any time if it becomes a safety hazard or interferes with operations.
Landscapers will not be allowed to dump leaves at the DCS yard. Landscapers must use other facilities to dispose of their leaves.
Questions regarding this program should be directed to the Department of Community Services office at 973-509-5711.