The Montclair Patch needs help filling up its weekly calendar. So add your own event, program or fundraiser happening this week in the comment section below!
• The Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont. Ave.
• The Board of Adjustments will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave.
• A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave., for residents to comment about the proposed diversion of a portion of township-owned parkland at Nishuane Park.
The parkland is restricted by the state's Environmental Protection Green Acres Program. However, the township has submitted a final application for the small diversion of the land to the state's Green Acres Program for approval to construct a building, well, road and workspace for the township's water facility.
The township has agreed to provide funding in the amount of $130,000 for recreation improvements within the township to use the parkland.
For more information, click here.
• A public meeting will be held about a township plan for construction at Nishuane Park, located at Cedar Avenue, starting at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave.
A building, workspace, access road off of High Street and well are being proposed to be built which will help the township's water treatment facility. The total estimated cost of the project is about $2 million, according to the township website. For more information, click here.
• The Civil Rights Commission will at 7:30 p.m. will meet in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave.
Christmas Tree Collection
Montclair Township is still collecting Christmas trees until the end of January. Place all trees on the curb for pickup. All decorations, lights, metal tinsel, ornament wires and nails and plastic bags must be removed from the tree before placing it at the curb.
Wreaths will be collected with the regular garbage collection.
Do not place trees on the curb if snow is falling. Trees buried under snow will not be collected. If a tree becomes buried under snow it will become the responsibility of the resident to dig out the tree.
Montclair Public Library
• For a full listing of upcoming events at the Montclair Public Library, at 50 S. Fullerton St., click here.
Montclair School Calendar
• For a full listing of upcoming events and goings-on in the Montclair public schools, click here.
• Click here to browse who is playing at the Wellmont Theatre this week.
YMCA Workout Schedule
Looking to fit in a workout between work and sleep? Click here for the group exercise schedule at the YMCA of Montclair, located at 25 Park St.