Tuesday is Christmas Eve. Wednesday is Christmas Day. Here is a list of how state and federal offices and services will be affected.
- State and local government offices will be closed on Wednesday.
- Financial and stock markets will be open on Tuesday until 1 p.m. They will be closed on Wednesday.
- Courts will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Post offices will close early on Tuesday but will not affect mail delivery. They will close on Wednesday with no regular mail delivery.
- Banks will be closed on Wednesday. Some banks have the option to open on Tuesday.
- The Montcliar Public Library will close on Christmas Day.
NJ Transit :
- On Tuesday, trains will operate on the current weekday schedule on all lines. Additional “early getaway” service will operate from New York Penn Station, Newark Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal starting at 1 p.m. on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast (to Long Branch only), Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex (from New York only), Pascack Valley (modified getaway service) and Port Jervis lines.
- On Christmas Day, Wednesday, trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all rail lines. Visit njtransit.com for detailed schedules.
- Holiday bus schedules vary by route — customers are advised to visit njtransit.com for details.
- For details, refer to timetables or check the agency’s website or call 973-275-5555.
- PATH trains will run on a regular schedule on Tuesday and a Saturday schedule on Wednesday.