I'll be honest, looking at this recipe originally, I was a little concerned - I mean, come on, pineapple and teriyaki? But I was wrong - very wrong. This was delicious and smelled amazing while cooking. And, on a rainy day, what's better than discovering a new dish to make?
- 26 oz (about 1 bottle) teriyaki sauce
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into gallon air-tight baggy and place into refrigerator. (To protect fridge from potential leakage, place bag into plastic container)
- Marinate for 1 to 2 days
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat 2 Tsbp. extra-virgin olive oil in large pan until lightly smokes
- Sear each side of the breasts, 2 to 3 minutes per side
- Place into oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.