• The Davis Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center and Montclair Police Department are teaming up for a holiday toy drive starting today and running through Dec. 17.
This year, the two are working together with the Salvation Army to make sure that children in need have gifts this holiday time.
Toys can be dropped off between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. at the health and wellness center, at 309 Orange Road. For more information, call (973) 783-3606.
• The First Congregational Church of Montclair will hold a volunteer opportunity seminar for prospective and current volunteers to learn about Outpost in the Burbs and to meet other volunteers from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the church, 40 S. Fullerton Ave.
Refreshments will be provided. For more information, call (973) 519-2957.
• The Montclair Housing Commission will meet at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave.
• HOMECorp and the Montclair Community Pre-K will hold a free financial literacy workshop titled, Making Your Home Budget Work, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the school, at 49 Orange Road.
The topics discussed will include the budget process and understanding your credit report. The workshop is open to the community. Childcare will be provided with advance notice only.
Register for the program by email, email@example.com, or call (973) 509-4500.
• The Adult School of Montclair will offer a discussion of the current state of the Occupy Wall Street movement from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Montclair High School, 100 Chestnut St. There is a fee of $20.
Many have observed that the Occupy Wall Street Movement lacks leadership and focus. What began as a direct democracy movement has become a movement of horizontal relationships, where everyone is accepted, there is no hierarchy and the co-occupation of geographic space is a foundational principle. Discussion will center around the state of the global movement and the new form of horizontal social relationship it represents.
For more information about the Adult School of Montclair, scroll to the bottom of this page.
• The Montclair Township Council will meet at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave. The night's agenda can be found here.
• Van Vleck House, at 21 Van Vleck St., hold its Pop-Up Boutique from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event will feature boutique vendors who will sell holiday gifts and decorations from local artisans and designers.
The Pop-Up Boutique will also be held between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the following dates: Thursday, Friday, and Dec. 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
• Township department heads will make their budget presentations from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the municipal building, 205 Claremont Ave. The budget presentations will continue Friday.
• A Fourth Ward community meeting will be from 7 to 9 p.m. at Montclair Fire Department Headquarters, at 1 Pine St. Fourth-Ward Councilor Renee Baskerville and the 4th Ward Collaborative will host the meeting.
Mayor Robert Jackson and Township Manager Marc Dashield will attend. The meeting will focus on issues and concerns of the Fourth Ward. For more information, call (973) 509-2658.
• Township department heads will make their budget presentations from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the municipal building, 205 Claremont Ave.
The Montclair Public Library
• For a full listing of upcoming events at the Montclair Public Library, at 50 S. Fullerton St., click here.
The Adult School of Montclair
• The Adult School of Montclair will offer the following classes this week:
- Why Sub-Saharan Africa Matters, from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Monday.
- 92nd St. Live Simulcast - Anna Quindlen with Jodi Kantor from 8 to 9:30 p.m. on Monday.
- The Current State of Occupy Wall Street from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday.
- International Law and Mobility from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday.
All classes will be held at Montclair High School, at 100 Chestnut St. For more information about these classes and more, click here. There is a fee to attend.