• The Montclair Community Pre-K will hold an informational workshop, titled The Benefits of Becoming Foster or Adoptive Parents, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the school, 49 Orange Road.
The event is free and open to the community. Childcare and light refreshments will be provided.
Guest speakers will include young adults who were raised in foster and adoptive homes. The speakers will share firsthand insights into their experiences and information about adoptive and foster parenthood.
For more information, call (973) 509-4500.
• The George Segal Gallery at Montcliar State University is currently showing the Department of Art and Design's Faculty Exhibition at the university, localed at Normal Avenue and Valley Road, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. until Saturday.
The university's Department of Art and Design faculty will have on display paintings, sculpture, works on paper, jewelry, printmaking, ceramics, fashion design, industrial design, graphic design, illustration, photography and art history book presentations.
For more information, click here or call (973) 655-3382.
• The Montclair Township Council will convene for a conference meeting at 7 p.m. in the municipal building, at 205 Claremont Ave.
• The nonprofit Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence will hold its Home for the Holidays event to benefit Montclair schools.
Visit some of Montclair’s most beautiful homes dressed up in their holiday finest through a self-guided tour. Each home will offer treats provided by local restaurants and bakeries, display elegant table settings and floral arrangements, and a different raffle for prizes like a big screen TV.
• Van Vleck House, at 21 Van Vleck St., will hold a Pop-Up Boutique from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event will feature boutique vendors who will sell holiday gifts and decorations from local artisans and designers.
The Pop-Up Boutique will also be open between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• It is Free First Thursday Nights at the Montclair Art Museum, at 3 S. Mountain Ave.
For the first Thursday of every month, the museum will be open late from 5 to 9 p.m. with free admission, dynamic programming, live music, tours, and a full-service bar.
For a full schedule of special programs held on Free First Thursday Nights, go to montclairartmuseum.org.
The Montclair Public Library
• For a full listing of upcoming events at the Montclair Public Library, at 50 S. Fullerton St., click here.
Holiday Toy Drive
• The Davis Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center and Montclair Police Department are teaming up for a holiday toy drive starting today and running through Dec. 17.
This year, the two are working together with the Salvation Army to make sure that children in need have gifts this holiday time.
Toys can be dropped off between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. at the health and wellness center, at 309 Orange Road. For more information, call (973) 783-3606.
• Click here to browse who is playing at the Wellmont Theatre this week.