The $2,000 cash reward is given to teachers in the Montclair school district for their creativity, high expectations, energy and concern for students.
Parents comprise the administration of The Judy and Josh Weston Award for Excellence in Teaching. Nominations are solicited from students, parents and guardians of students in the Montclair public schools.
With more than 280 nominations, these were the recipients of this year’s Weston Award for Excellence in Teaching:
- Oliver Pruksarnukal, Social Studies, Glenfield Middle School
- Shelley Stebbins, Home Economics, Glenfield School
- Beverly D’Andrea, Fourth Grade, Bullock School
- Louis D’Amico, Music, Hillside
- Marjorie Noval, Art, Hillside
- Honey Walia, First Grade, Northeast
- Kathleen Hart, First Grade, Edgemont
- Daniel Taylor, Science, Mount Hebron
- Pamela Harriott, Spanish, Mount Hebron
- Marcelyn Chanin, Second Grade, Bradford
- Todd Smith, Science, Renaissance Middle School
- Nancy Myers-Alvarez, Kindergarten, Watchung
- Maria Martire, Second Grade, Nishuane
- Ivory Wise, Art, Nishune
- Anne Baney-Giampoala, English, Montclair High School
- Ryan Casazza, Math, Montclair High School
- William Wingren, Social Studies, Montclair High School
A private reception for the nominees and winners will be held on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 p.m. prior to the 7:30 p.m. Board of Education meeting at the Montclair High School Auditorium.