What the Superintendent and BOE aren’t telling you about this week’s tests may harm your child’s marking period GPA and transcripts.
· DID YOU KNOW that, unlike other standardized tests like the NJASK, the Common Quarterly Assessments (CQAs) will be counted as A SIGNIFICANT PART OF YOUR CHILD’S GRADE?
· DID YOU KNOW that if your child scores poorly on the CQAs, teachers MUST factor in the results when calculating your child’s report card grade?
· DID YOU KNOW that your high school child’s CQA results will become a PERMANENT PART of their GPA and college transcript?
· DID YOU KNOW that the Montclair Superintendent, who made the CQAs the centerpiece of her education improvement strategy, hasn’t provided ONE example of how her approach has delivered improved results in other school districts?
· DID YOU KNOW that attempts to create similar assessment tests FAILED in Washington, DC, Seattle, and Rockford, IL – and the Superintendents who spearheaded the efforts lost or quit their jobs?
· DID YOU KNOW that the Superintendent and the BOE spent thousands of dollars to buy six Scantron machines to process the tests, and also hired a new employee (at an undisclosed salary) to oversee the tests’ processing?
· DID YOU KNOW that if you call the BOE or Superintendent and seek answers to these questions, they will AVOID THEM, DENY THE ABOVE FACTS, and TRY TO FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOUR CHILD GOES TO SCHOOL, AND WHO HIS/HER TEACHERS ARE?
Learn more, and keep on top of how the Superintendent and the BOE’s CQAs can have a detrimental effect on your child’s education at…