Editor's PickThe Universalist Unitarian Church of Montclair's Undoing Racism Committee is sponsoring a free screening of "Gideon's Army", by Montclair filmmaker Dawn Porter, on Friday, Jan. 17. The reception begins at 6:30 p.m., and film starts at 7 p.m.
Follow the personal stories of three young public defenders who struggle against long hours, low pay and staggering caseloads so common that even the most committed often give up in their first year. Nearly 50 years since the landmark Supreme Court ruling Gideon vs. Wainwright that established
the right to counsel, can these courageous lawyers revolutionize the way America thinks about indigent defense and make “justice for all” a reality?
Friday, Jan. 17
- RED by Loretta Hirsch opening at Wade Maxx Art Jan 17th
- "Gideon's Army" Screening at Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Montclair
- Greenland Ice Sheet and the Greenland Rover
Saturday, Jan. 18
- S.O.F.I.A. Women's Empowerment Presentation: “A New Year, A New You"
- Free Adoption Meeting Topic: Getting Started
- Opera Theatre of Montclair Presents Wagner's "Tristan und Isolde" - Act II
Sunday, Jan. 19
- West Essex Art Assoc. Hosts 28th Annual Open Juried Exhibition
- SCUBA Lessons
- Bringing Forth the Wisdom of Youth Open House and Registration
- Kids Adoption Group (ages 8 to 10)
- Adult School of Montclair Super Bowl Drawing at Egan's
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with Kids
- Unplugged: 10 Hilarious Games for Family Night
- 5 Great Valentine’s Day Crafts to Do with Kids This Weekend
- [VIDEO] How to Make Taco Salad Bowls in a Muffin Pan
- Downton Living: How to Step Up Your Tea Ritual
- Spice Up Your Steak with This Thyme Red Wine Sauce